Congratulations to six Randolph Indoor Track athletes for their record-setting performances this week-end in the Last Chance Invitational Meet in Birmingham. Elizabeth Johnson, with a jump of 15′ 1″ established a new record for Randolph in the girls’ long jump..
MS student, Emma Hudson, finished second in the 3200 meter run, setting a Raider record with a time of 11:47.92 and earning valuable points for the varsity girls’ team, which finished 3rd overall in the 1A-5A division.
Senior Jackson Samples was involved in setting two school records: one in the 60 meter dash and the other as a member of the 4X200 meter relay team. Jackson and his teammates, Colin Quirk, Raymond Jones, and Jackson Pearson finished fourth overall in the meet with Randolph record time of 1:35.32.
Here is a summary of the scoring performances from the Last Chance Invitational this past weekend in Birmingham:
- 4th Zoe Evans 1600
- 7th Katherine Hunter 1600
- 2nd Emma Hudson 3200
- 7th girls 4×2 Relay (Mary Grace Hash, Katey Ann Klingel, Arya Yedla, Elizabeth Johnson)
- 4th boys 4×2 Relay (Colin Quirk, Raymond Jones, Jackson Pearson, Jackson Samples)
- 5th Zoe Evans 800
- 7th Katey Ann Klingel 800
- 3rd Faith Davis High Jump
- 6th Liz Johnson Triple Jump
- 6th Gabe Menchaca Triple Jump
Thirty nine Raiders, 17 girls and 22 boys, have qualified for the AHSAA 4A-5A Indoor State Track Meet at the Birmingham CrossPlex on February 5th and 6th. Congratulations and good luck! View Friday Night event photos in the online gallery.