For those of you that know the drill from years past: SIGN UP HERE: Winter Volunteer sign-up link (most questions are answered below so please read)
Shifts start on Thursday 11/7, but the deadline to sign up before being assigned a shift is: Wednesday night, 11/6 at midnight. After this deadline your shift will be assigned for you.
Who can support Randolph Athletics this season: All Randolph families
Who is required to support Randolph Athletics this season: all 7-12th grade families participating in Randolph Athletics this Winter season
Requirement: All 7-12th grade families participating in ANY Winter season athletic program are required to work one (1) shift. Please note:
- the shift doesn’t have to be at an athletic program your child is in
- not all athletic programs have events hosted on Randolph campuses
- every athletic program benefits from the revenue generated by each of these shifts
PLEASE read the details on why and how-to volunteer explained below to answer most questions:
Why do we need Volunteer Assignments? (for the really long answer, click here)
- Your help is not only greatly needed, but appreciated!
- Without this volunteer support the cost to participate in athletics will increase.
Randolph Athletics volunteer process:
All families in each season are asked to cover one (1) volunteer shift during that season***.
- All MS, JV and Varsity teams (not RAP)
- Fall: Cheer, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball
- Winter: Basketball, Bowling, Cheer, Indoor Track, Wrestling
- Spring: Baseball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field
Utilizing the SignUpGenius each family will be given the opportunity to choose the date and shift of their choice until Thursday night, 8/29 at midnight. After this deadline, in-season families will be automatically plugged in to the remaining shifts using criteria that can be found by clicking here.
SIGN UP HERE: Here is the SignUpGenius.com link that will allow you to sign up for your volunteer shift
After you review the FAQs below, should you wish to discuss this further or have additional questions about the reasons why volunteers are needed, please click the link above, but always feel free to contact Director of Athletics Blake Davenport or RCN Athletics Committee Chair Ashlee Duesing.
FAQs (click on question to be taken to the answer online):
- What if the family has more than one child participating that season?
- Can families trade shifts if something comes up and their shift no longer works for them?
- Can my child fulfill my family’s volunteer shift in place of either parent?
- What if I simply can’t cover one shift in the entire season due to extenuating circumstances?
- If inclement weather cancels the game I’m supposed to work, what happens to my shift
- Why are there shifts available for Randolph Club Lacrosse games?
- What is SignUpGenius and how do I utilize it?
- How will the overall assignments be communicated?
- My assignment lists both parents for the shift. Does each parent have to serve?
- What do volunteers do?
- My athletic program is hosting a tournament. Does the duty I serve during that tournament count as my volunteer shift?
- I serve a specific duty for my team on game day (chain gang in football, lines judge in volleyball, stats keeper in basketball, etc). Does this duty count as my volunteer shift?
- Which families are not required to serve as volunteers?