For those of you that are new to Randolph (or Randolph Athletics), entering 7th grade for the first time or need a refresher, here are the details of the Volunteer process:
Requirement: All 7-12th grade families participating in any season athletic program are required to work one (1) shift (which doesn’t have to be in the same athletic program they are involved in)
Profile of Randolph Athletics: 15 athletic programs | 26 varsity teams | 70+ teams overall
Why do we need Volunteer Assignments? (for the really long answer, click here)
The athletic season has approximately 150 shifts to fill and 150 families participating. Your help is not only greatly needed, but appreciated, as we work together to generate our athletic operating budget in order to keep your out-of-pocket costs down.
Should you wish to discuss this further or have additional questions about the reasons why family volunteers are needed, please click the link above, but always feel free to contact Director of Athletics Blake Davenport at or RCN Athletics Committee Chair Kristy Jones
We strive for a balance of volunteer shifts so that if each in-season family volunteers one shift per season, most of our shifts will be met, and our revenue will increase as it did last year allowing our programming to increase. This process proved to be effective last year and we appreciate your support of Randolph Athletics again this year.
2016-2017 Randolph Athletics volunteer process:
- All families in each season are being asked to cover one (1) volunteer shift during that season***.
- All MS, JV and Varsity teams (not RAP)
- Fall: Cheer, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball
- Winter: Basketball, Bowling, Cheer, Indoor Track
- Spring: Baseball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field
- Utilizing the SignUpGenius website each family will be given the opportunity to choose the date and shift of their choice.